Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cheesy Potato Soup

Okay I lied. I'll post this recipe since I told my friends I would give it to them ;)

SUPER Easy to make! It takes about 30 minutes, makes about 8 servings. I like to freeze the remanding amount for days when I don't want to cook :)

Ingredients:

1 lb of Bacon
1 Onion diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
9 potatoes, cubed ( I don't peel my potatoes, but you can if you want )
4 cups of Chicken stock
3 tbls of butter
1/4 C. flour
1 cup of butter milk (heavy cream works too)
3 tsp. (or so) of Basil
1 tsp Pepper
Salt to taste ( I don't put in salt because of the Chicken Stock has enough in it for taste)
Cheddar Cheese

Directions:

1. Cook bacon in the oven until crispy (or not, whatever you prefer. Just make sure it's cooked thoroughly), and then chop into small pieces.
2. Saute Onion and Garlic over Medium heat. Using bacon grease makes it more delish, but I used olive oil. Once done, set aside
3. In a big pot add the cubed potatoes and 4 cups of chicken stock (the chicken stock should cover the potatoes.) I put just enough in to barely cover the Potatoes. Cover and Bring to boil. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer. Add Onion and Garlic mixture to pot.
4. Mix flour, basil and pepper in a bowl.
5. In a separate pan (I use the one I used to cook the onion and garlic) melt 3 Tbls of butter. Once melted, add the flour mixture little by little. Stir constantly
6. Whisk in Butter milk (or Heavy cream). Stir constantly, bring to boil.
7. Add cream mixture to simmering Potatoes and onion mixture. Stir.
8. once potatoes are done, remove from heat.


When serving top with Bacon and Cheese. This part you can add as much or as little as you want. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment